We are currently looking for a self-directed team player for the CNC Set-up Operator role. This position will be responsible for ensuring machinery is set-up properly, and to produce parts in accordance with supplied drawings and specifications.
- Sets-up and operate CNC mills equipment and turning equipment.
- Perform all machining tasks using milling machines and turning equipment.
- Load and unload part onto machine table.
- Machine parts to specifications.
- Machine individual weldments – drilling and tapping holes and milling on parts.
- Verifies conformance of part to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as, scales, calipers, micrometers and fixed gauges; Fill out inspection reports as required.
- Check work pieces to ensure they are properly lubricated or cooled.
- Clean machined parts to ensure ready for assembly.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
- Detect equipment malfunctions and report to supervisor.
- Participation in continuous improvement activities related to the machine and/or machining process.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as CNC Machinist, doing set-ups; using lathes and/or mills;
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required; Machinist Trade Certificate an asset;
- Good working knowledge of tools, blueprints, and drawings;
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs repetitively, comfortably and safely;
- Experience in using computer;
- ERP experience an asset;
- Highly punctual;
- Able to work as a functioning member of a team;
- Safety conscious individual;
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively and efficiently;
- Knowledge of production quality standards; Work experience in an ISO Certified environment an asset.
Although we appreciate all the candidates for this position, please be advised that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.