We are currently looking for Summer Students to be part of our Warehouse or Machine Shop teams.
- Responsible for filling customer orders using a pick list and preparing orders for shipment according to company standards.
- Obtains merchandise from bins or shelves and ensures the completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
- Packages materials and products manually.
- Performs basic quality control checks which may include measuring, weighing, package counts, and evaluating product or package appearance.
- Use computer to find inventory, print order details and shipping labels and affix them on the right orders.
- Folds and tapes boxed, applies labels/tags, and stacks boxes on pallets according to direction.
- May operate material handling equipment;
- For Machine Shop Summer Student, you will utilize power tools as appropriate;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but willing to train.
- Safety Oriented;
- Must be physically able to lift up to 30lbs safely and comfortably;
- Experience in ERP and in using RF Scanner are assets but not mandatory;
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality are must;
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles would be considered an asset;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Detail-oriented and transactional accuracy are must;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment;
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills;
- Self motivated and works well with team members.