We are looking for a self-motivated, career driven Quality Specialist to join our Quality team. In order to ensure the highest standard is realized at each phase of the manufacturing process, you will be responsible for the day-to-day quality control functions, APQP, and related aspects including continuous improvement, issue resolution, preventative and corrective actions, product launch, Engineering Change Notice, etc.
- Collaborate with Management and other departments to improve Quality, Delivery and Cost;
- Responsible for Product Verification and Certification in accordance with Quality Systems;
- Responsible for full preparation of PPAP documentation to customers;
- APQP and PPAP review and acceptance of supplied product plus submission of OEM customer PPAP packages;
- Undertake part and process reviews to ensure the manufacturing process is utilized to maximize efficiency, productivity and quality;
- Prepare Control Plans and Operator Check sheets for each new launch;
- Ensure product compliance to specification by ensuring relevant verification has occurred;
- Collaborate with Engineering to determine technical capability, risk and direction of supplier(s);
- Analysis of NCR’s (Non-conformances) and supplier initiated non- conformances to identify and resolve trends;
- Ensure alignment between product verification and testing with supplier and manufacturing floor;
- Responsible for the first article inspection and part inspections at both source and incoming;
- Develop and procure gauge lists for all operations;
- Develop and maintain key performance metrics (quality, delivery, customer satisfaction, etc.);
- Create and implement plans to resolve open issues;
- Support and participate in Accucam’s QMS & EMS ISO9001 & ISO14001 systems (maintenance, reporting, monitoring, procedures, audits – internal & external, etc.);
- This position requires flexibility to work overtime and weekends to support calls to China in the evening due to the time difference. Also, is the main contact point for quality related issues and concerns to all China suppliers, to communicate any quality concerns to our China suppliers and follow up until complete resolution is achieved.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or Quality Engineering capacity;
- A diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technology or equivalent;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements;
- Experience in a CNC machining (turning and milling) manufacturing environment with knowledge of castings, forging and fabrications;
- Organized and detail oriented with a process mindset to spot variability;
- Strong work ethic and initiative – an independent self-starter;
- Ability to create and execute projects plans through to completion;
- Working knowledge of CMM operation and programming in PC – DMIS;
- Customer oriented – understands deadlines, works with internal and external customers;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Solution and problem solving oriented. Able to manage multiple projects;
- Proficient in Inspection Methods (Measurement & Evaluation), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T), blueprint reading, 8D, Pareto, statistical analysis (SPC), Proficient in Product Qualification Methodology (PPAP, FMEA, APQP, Control Plans).
- For China Quality Specialist only: be able to converse (read & write) Chinese (Mandarin)
- Must have a valid Driver’s License;
- Must be able to visit customers outside the country (ie. China), on as need basis.
Although we appreciate all the candidates for this position, please be advised that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.