We are currently building our talent pipeline for the Picker/Packer/Shipper/Receiver role. This position is responsible for performing several duties that generally focus on pulling inventory for orders in the warehouse, crating, packaging, loading and unloading delivery trucks, and data entry into the business system.
- Responsible for filling customer orders using a pick list and preparing orders for shipment according to company standards;
- Obtains merchandise from bins or shelves and ensures the completeness and correctness of all orders filled;
- Packages materials and products manually;
- Performs basic quality control checks which may include measuring, weighing, package counts, and evaluating product or package appearance;
- Use computer to find inventory, print order details and shipping labels and affix them on the right orders;
- Folds and tapes boxed, applies labels/tags, and stacks boxes on pallets according to direction;
- Shipping & Receiving:
– Assembles orders and prepares goods for shipment.
– Receives, unload, unpack, inspect, count, process and store incoming products.
– Uses shipping records to verify the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments and orders.
- Operates a forklift, reach truck, and/or other material handling equipment; May utilize power tools as appropriate.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and/or Training activities;
- Become SI&A trained (responsible for self inspection and acceptance);
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- One to three years picking, packing, shipping and receiving experience required and must have forklift certification; reach truck certification an asset;
- High school diploma;
- Safety Oriented;
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles would be considered an asset;
- Dangerous Goods qualification would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated experience using overhead cranes/slings and a variety of power tools
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- PC skills (ERP systems, MS Office applications);
- Detail-oriented and transactional accuracy are must;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment;
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills;
- Self motivated and works well with team members.
Although we appreciate all the candidates for this position, please be advised that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.