We are currently looking for an individual to join our Finance team in the role of Payroll and Accounts Payable Administrator. This role is responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, and distribution of payroll. The incumbent will review the computation of pay and ensure the company payroll policies are in accordance with government regulations. Respond to and resolve any inquiries regarding paychecks.
Additionally, this role is responsible for the full cycle Accounts Payable function of the Accounting department; ensures that the function is performed in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Maintenance, entry and accuracy of payroll data;
- Ensure that all wages are paid accurately and in a timely fashion to all company employees, contractors, and other parties;
- Process weekly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees;
- Process salary increases, bonuses, profit sharing, and so on in accordance with instructions given;
- Compile payroll data such as hours worked, overtime, vacation time, insurance and other deductions; and create ad hoc reports as required;
- Process new hires, change of status, and departures in the system;
- Prepare forms such as records of employment, income tax forms, and remittances;
- Respond to employees and government agencies’ inquiries related to payroll;
- Support the completion of annual T4s and T4As with distribution to employees;
- Maintenance and tracking of time off/vacation booking and approvals;
- RRSP calculations.
Accounts Payable Administration
- Responsible for full cycle payments, timely recording and processing of Accounts Payable invoices;
- Responsible for balancing vendor statements with Company records;
- Responsible for activities such as month-end accruals and aged payables reconciliation;
- Investigation and resolution of discrepant invoices;
- Respond to inquiries regarding status of expenses and/or invoice payments in a timely manner;
- Assist with developing and tracking departmental trends using metrics analysis.
Other Duties May Include:
- Compile data from different sources and create routine and/or ad-hoc reports (ie. Headcount, Turnover, Retention, etc);
- Have a clear understanding of the other team members’ activities and act as their backup when required;
- Collaborate with the HR department and other departments to ensure pay and employee records are accurate and up to date.
- University or College degree/diploma in Accounting, Business or Finance or equivalent experience;
- PCP enrolled or designated preferred;
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in payroll plus one (1) year of experience in accounts payable;
- Accounting experience an asset which includes reconciliations, creating excel reports and commenting on results and dealing with adherence to organizational policies and procedures;
- Strong technical knowledge of payroll and payroll related legislation;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (ie. Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Proficient in QuickBooks;
- Previous experience using ERP system an asset;
- Strong work ethic, self-directed and positive team attitude;
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Although we appreciate all the candidates for this position, please be advised that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.