We are currently looking for a Junior Accountant to join our Finance team. This role will be responsible for maintaining accounts payable, preparing weekly payroll, Fixed Asset maintenance, and assisting the Controller with various monthly account reconciliations and Financial Statement preparation.
- Responsible for the timely recording and full cycle processing of Accounts Payable invoices while ensuring internal controls are applied;
- Responsible for activities such as month-end accruals, receipt accruals and aged payables reconciliation;
- Investigation and resolution of discrepant invoices;
- Effective and timely communication with internal and external customers;
- Summarization and reporting of employee records on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis;
- Timely entry with attention to detail of all payroll related data;
- Support the year end reconciliation and issuance of T4s and T4As;
- Maintenance and review of the Vacation Accrual records;
- Maintenance of the companies Fixed Asset records and processing monthly depreciation calculations;
- Assistance with preparing monthly account reconciliations;
- Assistance with monthly Financial Statement and Year End Audit package preparation;
- Assistance with Yearly and Quarterly Forecasting.
- University or College degree/diploma in Accounting, Business or Finance or equivalent experience;
- Accounting experience an asset, but not a requirement, which includes reconciliations, creating excel reports and commenting on results and dealing with adherence to organizational policies and procedures;
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Proficient in QuickBooks;
- Previous experience using ERP system an asset, specifically Epicor;
- Strong work ethic, self-directed and positive team attitude;
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Although we appreciate all the candidates for this position, please be advised that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.