We are currently looking for 2 self-directed team players for the CNC Machine Operator roles. This position will be responsible for producing parts in accordance with supplied drawings and specifications.
- Operate CNC mills equipment and turning equipment;
- Perform all machining tasks using milling machines and turning equipment;
- Load and unload part onto machine table;
- Machine parts to specifications;
- Machine individual weldments – drilling and tapping holes and milling on parts;
- Verifies conformance of part to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as scales, calipers, micrometers and fixed gauges; Fill out inspection reports as required;
- Check work pieces to ensure they are properly lubricated or cooled;
- Clean machined parts to ensure ready for assembly;
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition;
- Detect equipment malfunctions and report to supervisor;
- Participation in continuous improvement activities related to the machine and/or machining process;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as CNC Machinist, using mills equipment in particular;
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required; Machinist Trade Certificate an asset;
- Good working knowledge of tools, blueprints, and drawings;
- Set-up and programming are strong assets, but not required;
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs repetitively, comfortably and safely;
- Experience in using computer;
- ERP experience an asset;
- Highly punctual;
- Able to work as a functioning member of a team;
- Safety conscious individual;
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively and efficiently;
- Knowledge of production quality standards; Work experience in an ISO Certified environment an asset.
Although we appreciate all the candidates for this position, please be advised that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.