We are looking for an energetic, extremely organized and highly reliable Warehouse Assistant Manager to join our Warehouse team. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Assistant Manager will be responsible for driving warehouse optimizations projects such as having a new warehousing storing systems and documenting standardized operating procedures related to all aspects of the Warehouse operations.
- Oversee special projects focused on continuous improvement within the warehouse (ie. Warehouse Management System and its integration to ERP System, etc.);
- Be the main contact for procedures and usage of systems; may train, advise and coach Warehouse employees, customers and carriers on procedures and systems in place;
- Be adept at using the Microsoft suite of tools, especially Excel, and use data to develop metrics and Root Cause and Corrective Actions as appropriate;
- Along with the Warehouse Manager, you will ensure that the following responsibilities are met:
- Warehouse Management – shipping, receiving, warehousing, material handling, and other related processes are adhered to by employees in a timely and efficient manner
- Inventory Control – implement and ensure inventory transactional disciplines are in place to manage the proper movement of goods from demand entry, goods receipt, and shipment. Champion, measure, and drive inventory accuracy and reduction in the attainment of inventory reduction goals and targets.
- Lean Manufacturing – ensure lean principles are applied to part flow and all other material management activities
- Operations Reporting – produce and analyse OTD, Productivity, Inventory, and all other applicable warehouse reporting activities.
- Post Secondary Education in Logistics, or Supply Chain Management or Business;
- Must have a minimum 10 years in a distribution/manufacturing environment, including minimum 5 years’ experience in Warehouse Management System;
- Supervisory experience;
- Minimum 5 years of Lean Manufacturing experience;
- Previous experience in integrating WMS to ERP system;
- Working knowledge of inventory control analysis and production control techniques and management thereof;
- Experience in the development and management of Kanban system;
- Thorough understanding of supply chain concepts and their financial impact (inventory turns, cash flow, and working capital);
- Strong problem solving, analytical and good interpersonal skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Ability to simultaneously manage projects and day-to-day operations with a sense of urgency and without compromising quality;
- Clear written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.