We are currently looking for an individual to join our growing Machine Shop team in the role of CNC Machine Operator for either the day shift or afternoon shift. This role is a full-time position. Day shift hours are Monday-Friday 6:50am to 3:10pm; Afternoon Shift hours are Monday-Thursday 3:10pm to 1:30am.
- Operate CNC lathes and mills
- Load and unload part onto machine table
- Machine parts to specifications
- Verifies conformance of part to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as, scales, calipers, micrometers and fixed gauges; Fill out inspection reports as required
- Clean machined parts to ensure ready for assembly
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition
- Detect equipment malfunctions and report to supervisor
- Participation in continuous improvement activities related to the machine and/or machining process
- Other tasks and duties may be assigned
- CNC experience an asset but we would consider candidates with a good work ethic and ability to learn
- Basic working knowledge of tools, blueprints, and drawings
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs repetitively, comfortably and safely
- Highly punctual
- Able to work as a functioning member of a team
- Safety conscious individual
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge of production quality standards; Work experience in an ISO Certified environment an asset.
We offer competitive wages along with health plan benefits, profit sharing and RRSP contributions.
Although we appreciate all the candidates for this position, please be advised that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.